The following recipe and photography were provided by our partner, Kayla Breeden Falconer of Kayla’s Kitch and Fix.
This Cherry Chip Smoothie Bowl is low in added sugar yet tastes like a bowl of ice cream that is acceptable to eat for breakfast. It’s made easily with real food ingredients and is also free from dairy. Plus, it’s quick to make, balanced and so much fun to eat.
Head to Heinen’s for all the ingredients called for in this recipe, especially Heinen’s brand of frozen cherries! They’re amazing and budget friendly options make shopping for this smoothie bowl a breeze.
- Cook time:
- Prep time:
- Total time:
- 1 Smoothie Bowl
For the Smoothie Bowl
- 1 cup frozen cauliflower florets
- 1 overflowing cup frozen cherries
- 1/4-1/2 cup nut milk of choice
- 2 scoops Ancient Nutrition chocolate protein powder or chocolate collagen of choice
- 2 Tbsp. cacao nibs
For the Magic Shell (Optional)
- 2 Tbsp. coconut oil, melted
- 2 Tbsp. cocoa powder
- 1 Tbsp. Heinen’s honey or Heinen’s pure organic maple syrup
- Dairy free whipped topping
- Fresh cherries
- Cacao nibs
- Combine all of the smoothie bowl ingredients, except for the cacao nibs in a blender. Start with 1/4 cup of liquid, and if you need assistance blending after scraping the sides a few times (which you’ll have to do), add the additional 1/4 cup of liquid.
- Once blended smooth, add the smoothie to a bowl and spread it out. Place the smoothie bowl in the freezer while you make the magic shell.
- Heat the coconut oil for 30 seconds in the microwave, then stir to rid of any lumps.
- Add the cocoa powder and sweetener of choice and stir until smooth.
- Once the smoothie bowl has chilled slightly, pour the magic shell over the top and watch it harden.
- Finish the bowl with whipped topping, cherries and cacao nibs.
- Crack open the magic shell with a spoon and dig in!