The following recipe and photography were provided by our partner, Yoko Segawa of Yoko’s Kitchen.
As the weather heats up and we start craving all things cold, spoil yourself with one of the coolest desserts around, the creamsicle!
A fan-favorite frozen treat for generations, this creamy popsicle is famously refreshingly, but the treats you used to chase the ice cream truck to enjoy are sadly loaded with unhealthy sugars and food colorings.
The good news is you can recreate these colorful pops in your own kitchen! All you need is a couple of minutes and a handful of healthy ingredients, most notably, Heinen’s frozen cherries.
Picked and frozen at peak ripeness for optimal flavor and nutrition, these fruity frozen morsels add the most incredible color and taste to the creamy vanilla base of these treats!
Let’s beat the heat with a batch of these Cherry Vanilla Creamsicles!
- Prep time:
- Total time:
- 1 cup Heinen’s frozen cherries
- 1 Tbsp. lemon juice
- ¼ cup water
- 1 Tbsp. Heinen’s raw honey
- ½ cup Heinen’s raw cashews, soaked for 3 hours and drained
- 1 cup Heinen’s full-fat coconut milk
- ¼ cup + 2 Tbsp. Heinen’s raw honey
- ½ Tbsp. vanilla extract
- A pinch of sea salt
- In a high-powered blender, combine the cherries, lemon juice, water and 1 Tbsp. honey. Blitz until pureed with small chunks. Divide equally into 8 popsicle molds. Set aside.
- Clean the blender and combine the soaked and drained raw cashews, coconut milk, honey, vanilla extract and salt. Blitz until smooth and creamy. Pour over the cherry mixture in each of the 8 popsicle molds until the molds are filled. Cover and insert popsicle sticks.
- Set the filled molds in the freezer overnight, or until frozen.
- Once frozen, run the mold under water for a few second to help release the popsicles. Remove from the mold and enjoy.