The following recipe and photography were provided by Food Scientist Kathleen Ann of Bread Over Heels.
I am so excited to share this recipe for Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Fudge that highlights Heinen’s new baking chocolates.
As is typical for all products with Heinen’s name on them, these chocolate chips and chunks are high quality, made with all natural ingredients and perfectly crafted for a variety of baking needs.
My favorite variety in the lineup is the 70% cacao dark chocolate chips. The Heinen’s team truly went the extra mile to establish a high percentage of cocoa solids in these chips; however, any of the Heinen’s branded baking chocolates will work in this sweet treat. I can’t wait to try the semi-sweet chocolate chunks next time I make this recipe!
This fudge comes together quickly through the use of the microwave, incorporating the cookie dough elements of flour, brown sugar and, of course, chocolate chips into a delicious white chocolate chip dough. Remember to microwave the flour in step 3 to ensure it is ready to eat. Happy baking!
- Prep time:
- Total time:
- 16 Pieces
- 1 stick butter
- 8 oz. (1 ½ cups) white chocolate bar
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- 1 can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 cup flour
- Dash of salt
- 1 ½ cups Heinen’s chocolate chips, refrigerated
- Line a 9×9-inch baking pan with wax paper. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine the butter and white chocolate. Microwave for 30 seconds, stir, then microwave in 15 second intervals until melted.
- Stir in the brown sugar and sweetened condensed milk until combined.
- Add the flour to a small bowl and microwave in 30 second intervals until the flour reads 165˚F on a thermometer.
- Add the warmed flour and a dash of salt to the large bowl.
- Stir in Heinen’s chocolate chips.
- Spread the fudge into the prepared pan.
- Refrigerate for at least 2 hours or until fully set.
- Cut into 1-inch bars. Keep refrigerated and serve chilled!