The following recipe and photography was provided by Christina Musgrave of Tasting with Tina.
Clams on a pizza? Believe me, it’s delicious! With Heinen’s high quality clams, bacon and frozen pizza crust, this pie is bound to be a hit this clambake season!
This New England staple is garlicky, cheesy and extremely delicious. Pair it with a bottle of white wine from Heinen’s vast wine selection and you’re well on your way to the most incredible fall meal!
- Cook time:
- Prep time:
- Total time:
- 2 Tbsp. Heinen's extra virgin olive oil
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 frozen Heinen’s pizza crust or Papa Sal’s pizza dough, thawed
- 1 cup Heinen's shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup Heinen's 24-month aged Parmigiano Reggiano, shredded
- 12 fresh Heinen’s clams, cleaned, shucked and roughly chopped
- 4 pieces Heinen’s CARE Certified bacon, cooked and chopped
- 1/4 tsp. Heinen's oregano
- 1/4 tsp. Heinen's red pepper flakes
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
- Chopped Italian parsley, for serving
- Preheat the oven to 450˚F.
- Mix the garlic and olive oil in a small bowl.
- If using Heinen’s frozen pizza crust, place on a greased baking tray or pizza pan. If using Papa Sal’s pizza dough, let the dough come to room temperature, then roll into a circle shape on a floured surface.
- Brush the garlic and olive oil mixture over the pizza crust or dough.
- Top the pizza with mozzarella and parmesan cheese followed by the clams, chopped bacon, oregano and red pepper flakes.
- Bake the pizza for 15 minutes, then remove it from the oven. Top the pizza with lemon juice and fresh Italian parsley.