- Total time:
The following recipe and photography is courtesy of Bread Over Heels, a food scientist and blogger. For more of her recipes and baking tips, visit her website or her Instagram @breadoverheels.
When it comes to guilty pleasures, nothing beats pizza and cookies. In the spirit of all things junk food, I’ve created the ultimate mashup of these two classics with this delightful combination of sugar cookie crust, melted chocolate, and candy toppings. The best part is that it’s unique, easy to assemble and kid-friendly.
Confetti Cookie Dessert Pizza
- 1 roll refrigerated sugar cookie dough
- ¾ cup dark chocolate chips
- ½ cup candy, such as toffee bits, chopped nonpareils, and mini M&M’s
- Baking spray or butter for greasing
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease a cast iron pan with baking spray or butter.
- Press sugar cookie dough into the pan with palms, spreading a small amount up the edges of the pan. Bake for 25-30 minutes or until edges are starting to brown and center is collapsed.
- Sprinkle chocolate chips on top of the center of the baked cookie. Let sit at room temperature for 2-3 minutes or until starting to melt.
- Spread chocolate with an offset spatula. Sprinkle candy on top of melted and spread the chocolate. Let cool until chocolate has hardened and cut into pieces to serve.