Recipe and photography provided by Heinen’s partner, Chef Billy Parisi.
This St. Patrick’s Day, give basic corned beef and cabbage a facelift with these Corned Beef Cabbage Rolls.
Filled with hearty fixings like mashed potatoes, carrots and parsnips, you’ll feel lucky to have this Irish-inspired dish on your table.
Corned Beef Cabbage Rolls
- Cook time:
- Prep time:
- Total time:
- 10 large green cabbage leaves
- 2 carrots, peeled and cut into thick matchsticks
- 2 parsnips, peeled and cut into thick matchsticks
- 1 cup mashed potatoes
- 2 cups cooked corned beef, shredded
- Preheat the oven to 400°F.
- Add the cabbage leaves to a large pot of boiling water and cook for 8-10 minutes, or until soft. Drain and cool in the refrigerator.
- Add the carrots and parsnips to the boiling water and cook for 5-7 minutes, or until al dente. Remove and chill.
- To roll, place 2 Tbsp. of mashed potatoes in the center of a cooked cabbage leaf. Add a few carrots, parsnips and ¼ cup of beef.
- Roll the cabbage to conceal the filling and repeat until all of the cabbage leaves have been filled.
- Place in a 13×9 casserole dish and cover with foil.
- Bake at 400°F for 25 minutes.
I think I’ll give this a try. What kind of seasoning do you recommend?
We recommend using peppercorns, allspice, bay leaves and mustard seeds for a traditional corned beef seasoning. The cabbage may be seasoned with salt and pepper as desired. Thank you!
I’m making these!!! Looks soooo good