The recipe and photography for this post was provided by Carolyn Hodges of The Dinner Shift.
This may just be my new favorite baked pasta! A spin on the classic, this Creamy Lemon Chicken Baked Ziti calls for prepared Alfredo sauce instead of red sauce and is brightened up with lots of lemon zest and fresh spinach. Adding shredded rotisserie chicken breast (leftover cooked chicken works great, too) bulks up this family-friendly pasta dish, which is on the table in about 30 minutes.
Aside from zesting a lemon and boiling the pasta, this recipe practically prepares itself! Toss warm, cooked pasta with baby spinach until it just wilts. Then, fold in Heinen’s prepared Alfredo sauce (look for this in the refrigerated section near the fresh pasta), lemon zest, shredded chicken and mozzarella cheese. Transfer to a baking dish and top with extra mozzarella and Parmesan. All that’s left to do is bake for 20 minutes and serve!
- Cook time:
- Prep time:
- Total time:
- 16 oz. uncooked ziti pasta
- 5 oz. container fresh baby spinach
- 16 oz. container Heinen’s Alfredo Sauce (refrigerated)
- Zest from 1 large lemon
- 3-4 cups shredded rotisserie chicken breast (or leftover cooked chicken)
- 2 cups grated mozzarella cheese, divided
- ½ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Spray a 13×9 baking dish with nonstick cooking spray.
- Cook pasta in heavily salted water according to package directions. Drain and return to pot.
- While the pasta is still warm, fold in the baby spinach until it wilts, about 1 minute. Add the Alfredo sauce, lemon zest, chicken and 1 ½ cups mozzarella cheese. Mix gently until well combined.
- Transfer pasta to the prepared baking dish and top with remaining ½ cup mozzarella cheese and Parmesan.
- Transfer pan to preheated oven and bake for 20 minutes. Serve immediately.