The following recipe and photography were provided by local blogger Carolyn Hodges of The Dinner Shift.
Featuring Heinen’s frozen spinach and cheese ravioli (a customer favorite!), garlicky sautéed spinach and lots of cheese, this ravioli bake can be assembled in about 10 minutes and makes for a delicious and comforting meal.
I love finding ways to incorporate store-bought shortcuts into our meals, especially on busy weeknights. Heinen’s frozen spinach and cheese ravioli is a fast, family friendly meal on its own, but with a few extra ingredients, it becomes a hearty baked pasta dish.
There’s no need to heat the ravioli before assembling. The frozen ravioli are layered with sautéed spinach, Heinen’s diced Italian style tomatoes, shredded mozzarella and 24-month aged Parmigiano Reggiano, then baked until hot and bubbly.
- Cook time:
- Prep time:
- Total time:
- 1 Tbsp. Heinen's olive oil
- 5 oz. container Heinen’s baby spinach
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- Salt and pepper
- 2 16 oz. bags Heinen’s frozen spinach and cheese ravioli
- 14.5 oz. can Heinen’s organic Italian style diced tomatoes
- 2 cups Heinen’s shredded mozzarella cheese
- ⅓ cup Heinen’s 24-month aged Parmigiano Reggiano
- Preheat the oven to 400ºF. Grease a 13×9-inch pan or casserole dish.
- Heat the olive oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add the spinach and sauté until it wilts, 2 to 3 minutes. Add the garlic and continue to cook for 30 seconds, stirring constantly. Season the spinach to taste with salt and pepper. Set aside.
- Add one bag of the frozen ravioli to the bottom of the prepared pan. Top with half the can of diced tomatoes, half of the sautéed spinach and 1 cup of the mozzarella cheese.
- Repeat the layers with the second bag of ravioli, as well as the remaining diced tomatoes, spinach and mozzarella. Sprinkle the Parmigiano Reggiano cheese over top.
- Cover tightly with foil and bake in preheated oven for 25 minutes. Remove the foil and continue to bake for 20-30 minutes more, or until bubbly around the edges and the cheese is lightly golden on the top. Allow to stand for 10 minutes before serving.