Quesadillas arent just for lunch and dinner; in fact, they make an incredible meal prep friendly balanced breakfast!
Featuring two tortillas stuffed with eggs, cheese and your choice of flavorful additions like bacon, sausage, ham or veggies, grab a skillet and whip up a breakfast quesadilla to eat on the spot, or store a few in the freezer for effortless breakfasts during the week.
- Cook time:
- Prep time:
- Total time:
- 1 Quesadilla for 2 People
For the Quesadillas
- 2 Heinen’s cage free eggs
- 1 Tbsp. Heinen's butter or cooking spray
- 2 large (8 inch) tortillas
- 1/2 cup Heinen’s shredded cheddar cheese
- Salt, to taste
- 1-2 Tbsp. each Heinen’s CARE Certified bacon or sausage, cooked and diced or Heinen’s ham, chopped
- Bell peppers, diced
- Onion, diced
- Mushrooms, diced
- In a small bowl, whisk the eggs and salt.
- Coat a large skillet with cooking spray or melted butter. Add the eggs and cook, stirring over medium heat until fluffy and set. Set the eggs aside in a bowl.
- Place a tortilla in the skillet. Spoon the eggs over the tortilla, then top with your choice of fillings (about 2 Tbsp. per filling item plus 1/2 cup of cheese).
- Top with the other tortilla and cook over low heat for 1-2 minutes on each side, or until the cheese is melted. Cut into fourths and enjoy!
To save time during the week, make a large batch to freeze. After following the above directions, place individual quesadillas on a parchment-lined baking sheet and flash freeze for 1-2 hours. Remove them from the baking sheet and place them inside a freezer-safe bag. When ready to use, warm in a toaster oven or microwave for 45-60 seconds.