The following recipe, video and photography were provided by our partner, Chef Billy Parisi.
It’s stone fruit season and you don’t have to go all the way to Georgia for fresh peaches!
There’s nothing quite like a stone fruit-filled summertime sweet treat, which is what inspired this homemade cobbler! Serve alongside a cool scoop of vanilla ice cream and a sprinkle of cinnamon and your taste buds will be in heaven!
- Cook time:
- Prep time:
- Total time:
- 9 fresh peaches, peeled, pitted and sliced
- 4 Tbsp. unsalted butter, cut into pieces
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 2 Tbsp. cornstarch
- 1 ½ cups self-rising flour
- 1 ½ cups whole milk
- Preheat the oven to 400°F.
- In a 9-inch cast-iron skillet or a 13×9 casserole dish, combine the peaches with the butter, ½ cup sugar, cinnamon and cornstarch. Mix until combined.
- Bake the peaches in the oven at 400°F for 15 minutes.
- In the meantime, whisk together the remaining 1½ cups sugar, flour and milk in a large bowl until completely combined.
- When the peaches are done cooking, pour the batter over top and bake at 400° for 40-45 minutes or until browned on top and set in the center.
- Serve hot or cool with ice cream and cinnamon.