The recipe and photography for this post was provided by Carolyn Hodges of The Dinner Shift.
Combine fresh or frozen cherries with yogurt for a naturally sweetened summer treat everyone will love. Feel free to mix in your favorite fruits, like berries, mango or banana.
Still craving summer snacks? Click here for more inspiration.
Frozen Cherry Smoothie Pops
Prep time: 10 minutes
Freeze time: 8+ hours
Total time: 8 hours, 10 minutes
Makes 6 4-ounce popsicles
- 2 cups fresh or frozen dark sweet cherries (thawed if frozen)
- 1 cup plain whole milk yogurt
- ½ teaspoon vanilla
- 1-2 tablespoons honey (optional)
- If using fresh cherries, remove the stems and pits.
Combine all ingredients except honey in a high-power blender and blend until very smooth.
- Depending on the sweetness of the cherries, add honey to taste (optional).
- Pour into popsicle molds and freeze overnight (or for at least 8 hours).