The following recipe was created in collaboration with Lauren Schulte. To see more of her bites and meals, visit her Instagram @TheBiteSizePantry.
I’ve fallen in love with this Harvest Apple Cider Salad! Loaded with texture from all of my favorite seasonal ingredients like slightly tart and crisp Stemilt Rave apples, honey, cinnamon and of course apple cider, I have a feeling you’ll be just as crazy for it.
No salad is complete without cheese, so rest assured that there’s plenty in this tasty recipe. I typically prefer creamy cheese on a salad, so I opted for goat cheese. It coated every leaf for an extra yummy bite. I also added a new favorite cheese, the BelGioioso Asiago Peppercorn blend. Its savory flavor did not disappoint!
- Prep time:
- Total time:
For the Salad
- 1 large Rave apple, sliced thin with skin on or removed
- 10 oz. Great Lake Growers Lake Erie Crunch salad mix
- 5 oz. Heinen’s baby arugula
- ¾ cup raw walnuts, chopped
- ¼ cup lightly salted sunflower seeds
- 1/3 cup dried cranberries
- 3 oz. crumbled goat cheese
- 4 oz. BelGioioso Pepato Asiago Con Peppercorn specialty cheese blend
- Juice of ½ lemon
For the Dressing
- 1 small shallot, finely chopped
- 3 Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 1 Tbsp. fresh garlic, minced
- 2 Tbsp. apple cider vinegar
- 2 Tbsp. Patterson apple cider
- 1 Tbsp. Heinen’s honey
- ¾ tsp. pink Himalayan salt
- ¼ tsp. Heinen’s organic ground cinnamon
- Combine all of the salad dressing ingredients in a lidded container. Shake to combine and set aside.
- Toss the lettuce and arugula together in a bowl. Give it a rough chop if you don’t like large pieces of lettuce.
- Thinly slice the apple and add it to a separate bowl. Toss in the lemon juice to prevent browning.
- Build the salad in layers. Add a layer of fresh greens to the bottom of a serving bowl followed by the cranberries, walnuts, cheeses, sunflower seeds and apple slices.
- Add the rest of the lettuce on top followed by the rest of the cranberries, walnuts, cheeses and sunflower seeds. Decorate with more apple slices.
- When ready to serve, dress the salad with the homemade apple cider vinaigrette.