Tips, video and photography provided by Heinen’s partner, Chef Billy Parisi.
Lobster tails are one of the most luxurious foods you can eat, and they’re surprisingly easy to prepare at home!
Heinen’s Seafood Department has the highest quality year-round selection of lobster you can find in the Midwest. Their lobster offerings include fresh or frozen, and sizes range from 4-6 oz. all the way up to 12-14 oz.!
There are many different ways to prepare lobster tails, but to keep things simple, here are two timelessly fool-proof recipes. Enjoy!
- Cook time:
- Prep time:
- Total time:
- 2 Lobster Tails
For Baked Lobster Tails
- Lobster tails
- Heinen's butter, melted
- Heinen's paprika
For Court Bouillon Lobster Tails
- Lobster tails
- Chardonnay wine
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
- Heinen's peppercorns
- Heinen's bay leaves
How to Bake Lobster Tails in the Oven
- Hold the lobster tail with one hand and, using a pair of kitchen shears, cut through the top part of the lobster tail all the way to the bottom. Be careful not to cut all the way through.
- Pull all of the lobster meat inside the shell up above where the cut ends and lay it gently on top of the shell.
- Transfer the prepared lobster tails to a parchment-lined baking sheet.
- Top with melted butter and season with salt, pepper and paprika.
- Bake the lobster tails in the oven at 400˚F for 90 seconds per ounce.
- Remove from the oven and serve as is, or with a side of melted butter.
How to Cook Lobster Tails in a Court Bouillon
- Add water to a pot on the stove.
- Add Chardonnay wine and the juice of 1/2 lemon. Feel free to toss the lemon half into the pot once it has been juiced.
- Add onions, celery, peppercorns and bay leaves. Season very well with salt.
- Turn the heat to medium and, once the liquid is simmering, add the lobster tails (do not cut them.)
- Allow the tails to cook in the liquid for 4-5 minutes. The shell will begin to turn bright red.
- Once cooked, remove the lobster tails from the liquid and transfer to a cutting board.
- Slice the lobster completely in half starting at the tail.
- Spread herb butter on top, if desired.