The following recipe and photography was provided courtesy of Heinen’s Club Fx Recipe Developer and Food Photographer, Allianna Moximchalk from Allianna’s Kitchen.
This homemade Mayo-Free Coleslaw is super easy to make and so delicious! While most coleslaws are heavy with mayonnaise, this recipe is very light.
Requiring only 10 minutes of hands-on time and very little chopping thanks to Heinen’s pre-packaged chopped slaw with carrots, this is a side dish I love to serve at impromptu summer cookouts.
Paired with other summer favorites like this Power Guacamole, you’ll always be looking for a reason to serve this slaw!
- Prep time:
- Total time:
- 1 package Heinen's premade slaw and carrots (in the Produce Department)
- ½ yellow onion, diced
- ⅓ cup apple cider vinegar
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 2 Tbsp. honey
- 1 Tbsp. Dijon mustard
- A pinch of salt
- A pinch of pepper
- Sliced almonds, for serving
- Raisins or dried cranberries, for serving
- Place all of the ingredients in a bowl, except for the slaw and carrots, sliced almonds and raisins/cranberries. Whisk until smooth.
- Add the slaw and carrots to a separate serving bowl, pour the dressing overtop and toss to coat.
- For the best results, allow the dressed slaw to sit in the fridge for an hour prior to serving. The vinegar helps break down the cabbage, making it softer.
- Serve with sliced almonds and raisins or cranberries.