The following recipe was created in collaboration with Lauren Schulte. To see more of her bites and meals, visit her Instagram @TheBiteSizePantry.
These sweet treats are little bites of heaven. Not too small but not too large, they’re just the right size for a delicious treat. What’s even better is that that these Mini Pumpkin Pie Bites are low carb, Keto-friendly and gluten-free! So, you can indulge and skip the guilt.
I love pumpkin-flavored everything, let’s be honest…who doesn’t!? I will eat it for breakfast, lunch, dinner, dessert and even snack time, but pumpkin pie is my favorite.
When it comes to pumpkin pie, or any dessert, I have absolutely no restraint. To make portion control easier, I made these into mini pies that are low in sugar and carbs. You can pop a couple per serving, so it feels like you’re eating more than you really are.
How did I cut the sugar and carbs? I used pitted dates instead of artificial sweeteners. Not only are the dates sweet, but their texture, when pureed, adds firmness to the pumpkin pie, so you don’t have to use any flour!
As the holidays draw near, I highly recommend making a batch or two of these mini, skinny and flavor-packed Pumpkin Pie Bites with Cinnamon Bourbon Whipped Cream.
- Total time:
For the Mini Pumpkin Pies
- 1 15 oz. can pumpkin puree
- 20 pitted dates
- 2 Tbsp. coconut oil
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup pumpkin spice flavored coffee creamer of your choice
- 1 Tbsp. pumpkin spice
- 1 Tbsp. cinnamon
- ½ Tbsp. all spice
- 1 tsp. nutmeg
For the Bourbon Whipped Cream
- 1 cup pumpkin coffee creamer of your choice
- 2 Tbsp. powdered sugar
- 1 Tbsp. bourbon of your choice
- ½ Tbsp. vanilla extract
- Pinch of salt
- In a food processor, add dates and coconut oil. Pulse until a firm, wet paste forms. Add pumpkin, spices, eggs and coffee creamer and pulse until well combined.
- Preheat oven to 425˚F and grease a mini muffin tin with cooking spray. Fill each muffin tin to the top with pumpkin mixture.
- Bake for 10 minutes at 425˚F. After 10 minutes, drop the heat down to 350˚F and bake for another 10 minutes.
- While the pumpkin pie bites are baking, make the bourbon whipped cream. In a large mixing bowl add the other cup of pumpkin spice coffee creamer.
- Chill a large mixing bowl for about 5 minutes. (I put mine in my freezer.) The chilled bowl helps the whipped cream to set up faster and remain stiff.
- Beat on high with a handheld or electric stand mixer for about 5 minutes. Add the powdered sugar, a little bit at a time, until it thickens.
- Add the bourbon, vanilla and salt and beat for a couple more minutes until stiff peaks form.
- Cover and chill until ready to serve.
- When the pumpkin pie bites are done, remove from the oven and allow to cool for about 20 minutes before adding a dollop of the bourbon whipped cream to each. Enjoy!
Note: Feel free to add phyllo dough to the base of the muffin tins for a crispy, crunchy crust.