The following recipe and photography was provided by Christina Musgrave of Tasting with Tina.
This classic Mississippi Pot Roast could not be easier! Place all the ingredients in the slow cooker, set for 8 hours and wait for your house to smell incredible. That’s it! This recipe has just seven unexpected ingredients that create a roast so delicious, you simply must taste it to know.
This roast originated in Mississippi, when Robin Chapman adapted her aunt’s recipe to create what we now know as Mississippi Pot Roast.
Eventually, the recipe exploded on Pinterest. This dish has been covered by Southern Living and The New York Times.
Mississippi Pot Roast is great on sandwiches, served over mashed potatoes or on its own. I like to make it for backyard picnics and slow Sunday dinners.
- Cook time:
- Prep time:
- Total time:
- 3 lbs. Heinen's CARE Certified beef chuck roast
- 1 packet au jus gravy mix
- 1 packet ranch dressing mix
- 6-8 pepperoncini peppers
- 1/2 cup pepperoncini juice
- 1/2 tsp. black pepper
- 1/2 stick Heinen's unsalted butter, cut into cubes
- Place the chuck roast in a slow cooker. Add the au jus and ranch mixes evenly over the beef. Top with peppers, pepperoncini juice, salt, pepper and butter.
- Cook on low for 8 hours. ]
- Serve on sandwiches, over mashed potatoes or on its own!