The following recipe and photography is provided by our friends at Stemilt. For more information on their fresh produce and recipes, visit stemilt.com
It’s officially cherry season, and no, we’re not talking about the fake phonies that are put on top of your milkshake. We’re talking about the indulgently fresh, bitterly sweet fruits that are here for a short and great time. In this classic no-fuss desert, delectable donuts can be made in a matter of just minutes! It’s the perfect dessert after a gorgeous summer dinner out on the patio, and is just as good for the kids too!
No Bake Cherry Bliss Balls
Start to Finish: 10 minutes
Serving Size: 15 people
- 2/3 cup rolled oats
- 3/4 cup almonds
- 1/3 cup dates, pitted
- 3/4 cup Stemilt dark sweet cherries, pitted
- 1 tbsp dark unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 tbsp chia seeds
- Pinch sea salt
- 1/4 cup dark chocolate chips (optional)
- In a food processor, pulse oats, almonds, and dates until they are finely chopped. This may take a few minutes.
- Add cherries, cocoa powder, chia seeds and salt. Pulse until smooth. Stir in chocolate chips, if using.
- Scoop mixture and roll into 1-inch balls. You can oil your hands first to prevent sticking. Place balls on a baking sheet lined with parchment, wax paper, or a silicone baking mat.
- Place in the refrigerator to harden slightly before storing.
- Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
Click Here to Print the Recipe for No Bake Cherry Bliss Balls