Recipe, video and photography provided by Heinen’s partner, Chef Billy Parisi.
Salmon and citrus are a match made in dinner heaven!
Pan seared and coated in a sweet and zesty orange-honey glaze, this meat-free main course is delicious with rice or any of your favorite veggies!
- Prep time:
- Total time:
- 2 lbs. of salmon, cut into fillets
- 3 Tbsp. oil
- 1 Tbsp. unsalted butter, optional
- 1 garlic clove, finely minced
- 3 Tbsp. soy sauce
- 3 Tbsp. honey
- Juice of 3 oranges
- 1 Tbsp. parsley, chopped
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Season both sides of the salmon with salt and pepper. Set aside.
- Add the oil to a large frying pan over medium-high heat.
- Once the oil begins to lightly smoke, add the salmon and butter. Cook for 2-3 minutes per side, or until cooked to the desired internal temperature.
- Remove the salmon and discard 2/3 of the frying oil.
- Place the pan back on the burner over medium heat and quickly cook the garlic for 1-2 minutes.
- Add the soy sauce, honey and orange juice and bring to a boil over high heat.
- Stir in the parsley and add the salmon back to the pan to heat up. Serve.