Recipe, video and photography provided by Heinen’s partner, Chef Billy Parisi.
Known as the steak of the sea, you won’t find anything more satisfying than a fresh swordfish fillet.
Perfectly pan-seared and covered in a citrus-infused garlic and chive sauce, this one-pan recipe makes for an easy and impressive weeknight meal.
I encourage you to give this dish a try and, once you do, get creative with Heinen’s assortment of delicious swordfish recipes.
- 2 lbs. swordfish steaks
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, finely minced
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1 Tbsp. unsalted butter
- 1 Tbsp. fresh chives, chopped
- 1 Tbsp. fresh parsley, chopped
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Season the swordfish on both sides with salt and pepper.
- Pour the olive oil into a large frying pan over high heat.
- When the oil begins to lightly smoke, add the swordfish. Turn the heat down to medium-high and cook for 3-4 minutes per side, or until it reaches 145°F.
- Remove the swordfish from the pan and add the garlic. Stir and cook for 1 minute, then add the lemon juice.
- Turn off the heat. Melt in the butter and add the herbs.
- Serve the sauce with the cooked swordfish.
I made this for dinner this evening and was so excited that it turned out great. I wouldn’t change anything about it. My steaks were smaller so just adjusted cooking time and made frequent use of my thermometer. And they turned out juicy and flaky. My hubby can be kind of picky about fish and he gave it two thumbs up. I will definitely make this again.
We are so glad that you and your husband enjoyed this recipe, Christine! Thank you for sharing this feedback.
Made this and added some cornstarch to thicken the sauce a little, it was delicious!!!
I’m sure making the sauce thicker made this dish even more savory and delicious!
So easy and nice fresh taste served the sauce on the side added roasted baby potatoes and frozen ? greens beans & almonds It was a big hit especially for quick and easy after work. Hope they clean up!
Hi Toni, we love that this dinner was a big hit! Adding potatoes, green beans and almonds sound great!
I made this last night and it was amazing! Just shared this with all my friends
Jennifer, thank you for sharing Chef Billy’s recipe with your friends. We are happy that you made this dish and enjoyed it!
This was easy and delicious. I didn’t have fresh garlic on hand so I had to use powdered. I also put in a tsp of capers in the pan before turning the heat off and adding the butter and herbs. The sauce was excellent. The excess was drizzled ove broccoli. Next time I will try it with green beans and rice or quinoa. Thanks for posting this recipe. Makes dinner that much easier!
I made this today and subbed lime juice for the lemon juice and added powdered oregano and powdered rosemary. It was very tasty!