Recipe, video and photography provided by Heinen’s partner, Chef Billy Parisi.
Known as the steak of the sea, you won’t find anything more satisfying than a fresh swordfish fillet.
Perfectly pan-seared and covered in a citrus-infused garlic and chive sauce, this one-pan recipe makes for an easy and impressive weeknight meal.
I encourage you to give this dish a try and, once you do, get creative with Heinen’s assortment of delicious swordfish recipes.
- 2 lbs. swordfish steaks
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, finely minced
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1 Tbsp. unsalted butter
- 1 Tbsp. fresh chives, chopped
- 1 Tbsp. fresh parsley, chopped
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Season the swordfish on both sides with salt and pepper.
- Pour the olive oil into a large frying pan over high heat.
- When the oil begins to lightly smoke, add the swordfish. Turn the heat down to medium-high and cook for 3-4 minutes per side, or until it reaches 145°F.
- Remove the swordfish from the pan and add the garlic. Stir and cook for 1 minute, then add the lemon juice.
- Turn off the heat. Melt in the butter and add the herbs.
- Serve the sauce with the cooked swordfish.