This following recipe and photography were provided courtesy of our Friends as GA Fuzzies and the Georgia Peach Council.
This elegant, yet simple dessert is the perfect way to use your extra seasonal Georgia peaches without much effort or time! Serve it on any summer day for a refreshing sweet treat!
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 45 minutes
- 4- 5 ripe peaches, sliced and pitted
- ¼ cup plain flour
- 1/3 cup
- Sliced almonds
- ¼ tsp. vanilla extract
- ½ cup sugar
- 1 refrigerated pie crust
- 2 Tbsp. peach preserves, melted
- 2 Tbsp. unsalted butter
- 1 Tbsp. unsalted butter, melted
- Preheat the oven to 400°F. In a large bowl, toss peaches, flour, almonds, and sugar. Lay crust flat on greased baking sheet and arrange peaches in center.
- Fold edges of crust so that they overlap edges of peaches. Brush peaches with melted preserves and top with pats of butter. Brush crust with melted butter to help with browning.
- Bake for 40-45 minutes or until golden. Serve with vanilla ice cream , if desired.