The following recipe and photography is courtesy of Graham R. and his dog, Carl. For more of their delicious food ventures, visit them on Instagram @cookingwithcarrrl.
This year, stuff your cuddly companion’s doggy bag full of homemade treats! Your pup will go bananas over these delicious morsels and you will feel confident knowing exactly what they are eating! These quick and easy snacks are a perfect last-minute gift to anyone with a dog in their life.
Four simple ingredients are all you’ll need to show your appreciation for your four-legged crumb catcher! Best of all, you probably already have them on paw (or hand.) This is a great recipe to customize for your dog, too! You can add in blueberries, apples or even substitute the banana with pumpkin.
Let’s get started!
Peanut Butter Banana Dog Cookies
Prep Time: 5 Minutes
Cook Time: 15 Minutes
- 2 cups of uncooked oatmeal
- ½ cup grated carrot
- 1 banana
- ½ cup peanut butter, with no xylitol
- Preheat your oven to 375°F.
- Mix together the banana and peanut butter in a large bowl. It’s important to use peanut butter that does not contain xylitol. This chemical cannot be digested by dogs and can make them sick. Mix and mash until the majority of the banana pieces are smashed. Add in the grated carrot.
- Grind your oats using a food processor until they become a powder.
- Add your ground oatmeal to the peanut butter mixture and mix until all of the ingredients are well incorporated. If your dough is too dry, add more peanut butter. If too wet, add more oatmeal.
- Roll out the dough to about ¼-inch in thickness. Make sure you cut out festive shapes, the dogs will notice!
- Place your doggy treats on a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Bake for 15 minutes and allow to cool before handing off to your fuzzy friend.
- Store in an airtight doggy bag for up to 10 days.