The following recipe, video and photography were provided by our partner, Alissa DiSanto of Sauced By Sunday.
It’s become clear that everything bagel seasoning pairs with well almost every savory appetizer, snack or entrée you can imagine! But, of all the ways I’ve enjoyed this versatile seasoning blend, this Phyllo-Wrapped Everything Bagel Salmon might just be my all time favorite!
Although it may look complicated at first glance, this recipe is actually quite simple thanks to Heinen’s frozen farm raised Atlantic salmon and Two Brothers everything bagel seasoning. The frozen salmon is raised sustainably in the arctic and comes packaged in a 2 lb. bag with multiple individual salmon fillets inside, making it easy and cost effective to feed your family, or a crowd of hungry holiday guests.
The Two Brother’s everything bagel seasoning is also premium in terms of overall taste and balance of seasonings and spices.
Wrapped in flaky puff pastry and served alongside an incredibly refreshing homemade lemon dill sauce, this dish is a true masterpiece of flavor and texture!
- Cook time:
- Prep time:
- Total time:
- 6 Salmon Fillets
- 1 2 lb. bag Heinen’s frozen farm raised Atlantic salmon, defrosted
- 1 roll frozen phyllo dough, thawed in the fridge
- 6 tsp. Dijon mustard
- Salt and pepper
- 4 Tbsp. butter, melted
- 6 Tbsp. Two Brothers everything bagel seasoning
- ¼ cup light sour cream
- ¼ cup mayonnaise
- Juice and zest of ½ lemon
- 1 bunch fresh dill
- Preheat the oven to 400˚F.
- Pat the defrosted salmon fillets dry with a paper towel. Remove the skin if not already done. Set aside.
- Gently unroll the thawed phyllo dough. Have a towel on hand to cover the other sheets of phyllo dough with while you’re working as it dries quickly.
- Gently lay one sheet of phyllo dough on a flat surface. With your hands or a pastry brush, lightly cover the sheet of phyllo with the melted butter. Take another sheet and gently put it on top of the buttered sheet. Butter the second sheet. Repeat one more time with a third sheet. Gently cut the stacked sheets in half.
- Working in pairs, place one salmon fillet toward the end of each half of phyllo dough. Season with salt and pepper and apply one tsp. of Dijon to the top of each fillet in an even layer.
- Wrap the salmon into the phyllo dough like a burrito, tucking in the sides and placing them seam side down on a baking sheet.
- Brush the tops and sides with melted butter and sprinkle each wrapped salmon fillet with one Tbsp. of Two Brothers everything bagel seasoning. Repeat with the remaining four salmon fillets.
- Bake in the oven for 15 minutes.
- Prepare the sauce by combining the sour cream, mayo, lemon zest and juice, dill and salt and pepper in a bowl. Mix until fully incorporated. Set aside until ready to serve.
- Remove the salmon from oven once the phyllo dough is crispy and golden brown, or an instant read thermometer reads 145˚F.
- Serve immediately and top with a dollop of the lemon dill sauce.
Notes: Serve this salmon with a simple spinach or arugula salad. If you do not care for everything bagel seasoning, or do not have it on-hand use sesame seeds.