The following recipe and photography was provided by recipe developer and food photographer, Ashley Durand of Plate & Pen.
Pumpkin spice lattes are delicious during the day, but when the fall moon rises, it’s all about these Pumpkin Spice Margaritas.
For this festive mixed drink, I grabbed a half gallon of pumpkin spice apple cider from Heinen’s Produce Department! It is so delicious, but if you aren’t able to find it, I’ve included an equally delicious recipe for a pumpkin spice simple syrup.
The key to making this cocktail look and taste delicious is the rim. I wanted these cocktails to have a little kick, so I rimmed each glass with lime juice, tajin and brown sugar. The combination of sweet and spice is out of this world!
- Prep time:
- Total time:
For the Margarita
- 2 oz. pumpkin spice apple cider
- 2 oz. silver rum
- 1 oz. Grand Marnier
- 1 tsp. lime juice
- Tajin seasoning
- Brown sugar
- Lime juice, for the rim
For the Pumpkin Spice Simple Syrup
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup water
- 1 Tbsp. pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 cup Heinen's organic pumpkin puree
- 1/2 cup apple cider
- If using the pumpkin spice simple syrup instead of pumpkin spice apple cider, boil all of the syrup ingredients together. Mix continuously and once a syrup consistency is reached, turn off heat and set the syrup aside, or in fridge for later use.
- Mix together the tajin seasoning and brown sugar on a small plate.
- Rim the glasses with lime juice.
- Dip the rim of each glass into the tajin and brown sugar to fully coat the rim.
- If you prefer ice in your cocktail glass, add a handful of crushed ice. If you prefer a strained cocktail, add a handful of crushed ice to a shaker.
- Add the rum, grand Marnier, pumpkin spice apple cider or pumpkin syrup and lime juice to the shaker. Shake well.
- Pour the shaken cocktail into the rimmed glasses.
- Add lime for garnish.