For the Broth
- 1 tablespoon of sesame oil
- 1 inch sliced piece of peeled fresh ginger
- 6 smashed garlic cloves
- 2 smashed and broken up lemon grass
- 96 ounces of chicken stock
- ¼ cup of soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons of miso paste
- salt and pepper to taste
For the Toppings
- 4 cups of cooked egg ramen noodles
- 2 cups of cooked rice stick noodles
- 3 heads of bok choy, quartered
- 3 thinly sliced fresno peppers
- 1 bunch of sliced green onions
- 1 cup of sliced maitake mushrooms
- 1 cup of sliced oyster mushrooms
- 1 cup of shiitake mushrooms
- 2 cups of matchstick carrots
- 2 cups of sprouts
- 4 hard boiled eggs
- 1 pound of thinly sliced flank steak
- sliced red cabbage for garnish
- cilantro leaves for garnish
1. Broth: Add the sesame oil to a large pot over medium heat and lightly brown the ginger, garlic and lemongrass, about 3 to 4 minutes.
2. Next, add in the stock, soy sauce, miso paste and salt and pepper and bring to a boil. Once boiling, turn down the heat and simmer over low.
3. Bowl 1: Add some of the egg noodles to a bowl and add in some bok choy, carrots, sprouts, oyster mushrooms, shiitake mushrooms, some flank steak slices and cover in broth. Garnish with red cabbage and green onions.
4. Bowl 2: Add some rice noodles to a bowl and add in some bok choy, carrots, sprouts, maitake mushrooms, oyster mushrooms, shiitake mushrooms, and hard-boiled eggs and cover with broth. Garnish with fresno pepper slices, green onions and cilantro leaves.
Recipe created by Chef Billy Parisi