The following information, recipe and photography were provided courtesy of our partners at Riverence® Provisions LLC.
There’s nothing more delicious than a summer seafood pasta, and this Ruby Red Trout Carbonara is proof!
Prepared on the grill in only a few short minutes, the mild flavor and delicate texture of Riverence’s sustainably raised ruby red trout is the perfect complement to hearty fettuccine noodles and cheesy white wine sauce.
Click here to learn more about Riverence® Provisions LLC and discover a delicious recipe for Firecracker Trout.
Riverence® Grilled Ruby Red Trout Carbonara
- Cook time:
- Prep time:
- Total time:
- 2 oz. olive oil
- 12 oz. pancetta, cut into ¼-inch slices
- 20 oz. Riverence ruby red trout fillet, skinned and sliced into 2 oz. pieces
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 4 oz. dry white wine
- 2 lbs. fettuccini noodles, cooked weight
- 4 each whole eggs, lightly beaten
- 6 oz. parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 tsp. fresh cracked black pepper
- 2 bunches parsley, fresh chopped
- 1 tsp. salt
- Stabilize the grill at 350˚F and set up for a direct cook.
- While grill is coming to temperature, boil the fettuccini and strain.
- Preheat a pan, drizzle in the oil and add the pancetta.
- Cook until most of the fat has rendered and the pancetta begins to crisp, about 5 minutes.
- Add the ruby red trout pieces and gently incorporate into the pork fat.
- Add garlic and cook for another minute, be careful not to get any color.
- Deglaze with white wine
- Reduce by ½ and add the pasta. Fully incorporate everything in the pan by tossing with tongs.
- Add the whipped eggs, cheese, pepper and parsley. Quickly incorporate and take off the heat. You do not want to scramble the eggs, but rather achieve a slightly nape viscosity that has a
- Taste for seasoning and adjust if needed.
- Serve as soon as possible.