The following information, recipe and photography were provided courtesy of our partners at Riverence® Provisions LLC.
There’s nothing more delicious than a summer seafood pasta, and this Ruby Red Trout Carbonara is proof!
Prepared on the grill in only a few short minutes, the mild flavor and delicate texture of Riverence’s sustainably raised ruby red trout is the perfect complement to hearty fettuccine noodles and cheesy white wine sauce.
- Cook time:
- Prep time:
- Total time:
- 2 oz. olive oil
- 12 oz. pancetta, cut into ¼-inch slices
- 20 oz. Riverence ruby red trout fillet, skinned and sliced into 2 oz. pieces
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 4 oz. dry white wine
- 2 lbs. fettuccini noodles, cooked weight
- 4 each whole eggs, lightly beaten
- 6 oz. parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 tsp. fresh cracked black pepper
- 2 bunches parsley, fresh chopped
- 1 tsp. salt
- Stabilize the grill at 350˚F and set up for a direct cook.
- While grill is coming to temperature, boil the fettuccini and strain.
- Preheat a pan, drizzle in the oil and add the pancetta.
- Cook until most of the fat has rendered and the pancetta begins to crisp, about 5 minutes.
- Add the ruby red trout pieces and gently incorporate into the pork fat.
- Add garlic and cook for another minute, be careful not to get any color.
- Deglaze with white wine
- Reduce by ½ and add the pasta. Fully incorporate everything in the pan by tossing with tongs.
- Add the whipped eggs, cheese, pepper and parsley. Quickly incorporate and take off the heat. You do not want to scramble the eggs, but rather achieve a slightly nape viscosity that has a
- Taste for seasoning and adjust if needed.
- Serve as soon as possible.