The following recipe was created in collaboration with Lauren Schulte. To see more of her bites and meals, visit her Instagram @TheBiteSizePantry.
It’s a time-honored tradition to carve pumpkins for homemade porch décor every fall, but when the spooky season approaches, you can find me in the kitchen whipping up a batch or two of roasted pumpkin seeds.
When it comes to roasting these bite-size seeds, a good sprinkle of salt is often all you need, but since this season only comes once a year, I decided to up the flavor ante with three new spice blends.
Sweet and savory, my Salt and Vinegar, Pumpkin Spice and Dilly Ranch seasonings are simple to mix and addicting to eat all season long.
- Cook time:
- Prep time:
- Total time:
For the Salt and Vinegar Pumpkin Seeds
- 1 Tbsp. apple cider vinegar
- 1 tsp. sea salt
For the Pumpkin Spice Pumpkin Seeds
- 1 Tbsp. cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp. nutmeg
- 1 Tbsp. cinnamon sugar
For the Dilly Ranch Pumpkin Seeds
- 1/2 bag buttermilk ranch seasoning
- 1 tsp. dry dill
- 1/2 tsp. celery salt
- Pick up a pumpkin from your local Heinen’s.
- Scoop out the pumpkin seeds and rise and pat them dry.
- Place the pumpkin seeds on a parchment-lined baking sheet.
- Roast at 250˚F for 45 minutes.
- When fully roasted, melt 2 Tbsp. of Heinen’s organic coconut oil and drizzle it over the roasted pumpkin seeds. Toss until fully coated.
- Fill three plastic Ziploc bags with the spice mixes.
- Add one cup of roasted pumpkin seeds to each bag. Seal each bag and shake to coat.
- Serve in separate bowls and enjoy!