The following recipe and photography was provided by Christina Musgrave of Tasting with Tina.
You’re going to love these Spicy Bacon Baked Beans! This recipe is done in just one pot and is perfect for your next cookout!
With crisp bacon, spicy jalapeños and Heinen’s spices, these beans anything but average! Each bite is packed with delicious sweet and spicy flavors.
We recommend using an oven-safe skillet or braiser so you can easily transfer this dish from the stove to the oven.
- Cook time:
- Prep time:
- Total time:
- 8 slices Heinen’s CARE Certified bacon, cut in 1-inch pieces
- 2 sliced jalapeños, plus more for serving
- 4 Tbsp. Heinen’s ketchup
- 1 cup Heinen’s brown sugar
- 3 Tbsp. apple cider vinegar
- 2 Heinen’s canned organic great northern beans, drained
- 1 Tbsp. Heinen’s organic garlic powder
- 1 Tbsp. Heinen’s organic onion powder
- Fresh parsley, for serving
- Preheat the oven to 350° F.
- In a large, oven-safe skillet or braiser, cook the bacon slices over medium heat, about 5 minutes per side. Remove the bacon from the skillet and set aside. Keep the rendered fat in the pan.
- Add the sliced jalapeños to the pan and cook over medium heat for 3-5 minutes, until softened.
- Add Heinen’s ketchup, Heinen’s brown sugar, apple cider vinegar, beans, Heinen’s organic garlic powder and Heinen’s organic onion powder to the skillet. Stir well, add the bacon and bake for 1 hour. If you don’t have an oven-safe skillet, you can transfer the beans to an oven-safe baking dish.
- Remove from oven and stir. Serve with additional jalapeño slices and parsley.