The following recipe and photography was provided by Christina Musgrave of Tasting with Tina.
You’re going to love these one-pot Spicy Bacon Baked Beans! They come together quickly and taste delicious alongside grilled hamburgers and hotdogs at a summer cookout.
With Heinen’s crisp CARE Certified bacon, spicy jalapeños and spices, these beans are anything but average! Each bite is packed with delicious sweet and spicy flavors.
I recommend using an oven-safe skillet or braiser for easy transfer from the stove to the oven.
- Cook time:
- Prep time:
- Total time:
- 8 slices Heinen’s CARE Certified bacon, cut in 1-inch pieces
- 2 sliced jalapeños, plus more for serving
- 4 Tbsp. Heinen’s ketchup
- 1 cup Heinen’s brown sugar
- 3 Tbsp. Heinen's apple cider vinegar
- 2 Heinen’s canned organic great northern beans, drained
- 1 Tbsp. Heinen’s organic garlic powder
- 1 Tbsp. Heinen’s organic onion powder
- Fresh parsley, for serving
- Preheat the oven to 350° F.
- In a large, oven-safe skillet or braiser, cook the bacon slices over medium heat, about 5 minutes per side. Remove the bacon from the skillet and set aside. Keep the rendered fat in the pan.
- Add the sliced jalapeños to the pan and cook over medium heat for 3-5 minutes, until softened.
- Add the ketchup, brown sugar, apple cider vinegar, beans, garlic powder and onion powder to the skillet. Stir well. Add the bacon and bake for 1 hour. If you don’t have an oven-safe skillet, you can transfer the beans to an oven-safe baking dish.
- Remove from oven and stir. Serve with additional jalapeño slices and parsley.