The following recipe, video and photography were provided by our partner, Chef Billy Parisi.
This autumn-hued chili is chock full of fall flavors that will surely warm your belly when the weather gets cold.
Colored and flavored by Heinen’s organic pumpkin puree along with chili staples like ground turkey, onions, celery, carrots and beans, this seasonal soup is almost too good to be true!
Turkey Pumpkin Chili
- Cook time:
- Prep time:
- Total time:
- 3 Tbsp. olive oil
- 2 yellow onions, peeled and small diced
- 3 celery stalks, small diced
- 3 carrots, peeled and small diced
- 3 garlic cloves, finely minced
- 2 lbs. ground turkey
- 2 Tbsp. dried cumin
- 2 Tbsp. chili powder
- 4 cups chicken stock
- 2 15 oz. cans Heinen’s pumpkin puree
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 4 15 oz. cans Heinen’s cannellini beans, drained
- 3 Tbsp. fresh parsley, chopped
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Add the olive oil to a large pot over medium-high heat and lightly caramelize the onions, celery and carrots for 10-15 minutes.
- Add the garlic and sauté for 1 minute before adding the turkey, cumin and chili powder. Cook until the turkey is completely cooked through, stirring regularly to break the turkey into pieces.
- Add the chicken stock, pumpkin puree and whipping cream. Mix to combine.
- Stir in the beans, parsley, salt and pepper.
This is an amazing recipe!! There’s just 2 of us so I scaled it to half and added 1 chopped jalapeño pepper. Great flavors, first time using pumpkin in chili. Love it, will make it again!