Recipe, video and photography provided by Heinen’s partner, Chef Billy Parisi.
Spring is in the air and this light and flavorful dish is perfect for transitioning away from heavy winter foods!
Translated from Italian to mean cheese and pepper, this perfect pasta dinner is packed full of seasonal green veggies, parmesan and pecorino for the perfect balance of healthy and cheesy!
Interested in making this recipe? Order the ingredients online for Curbside Grocery Pickup or Delivery.
Vegetable Cacio e Pepe
- Prep time:
- Total time:
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 10 stalks of asparagus, sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, finely minced
- 4 cups packed baby spinach
- ½ cup peas
- 1 lb. orecchiette pasta
- 1 cup pasta water
- ½ cup parmesan cheese, grated
- ½ cup pecorino cheese, grated
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Add olive oil to a large frying pan over medium-high heat and sauté the asparagus for 2-3 minutes
- Add the garlic and sauté for 1 minute or until fragrant.
- Add the spinach and cook until just wilted, then add the peas and cook for 1-2 minutes.
- Add the pasta to a large pot of boiling salted water and cook until done.
- Add the cooked pasta to the pan with the vegetables along with 1 cup of pasta water.
- Stir in the cheeses, salt and pepper.
Excellent dish, fast and tasty; more garlic never hurts. Don’t forget to start your pasta water before prepping.
We’re so glad you liked this recipe! Great reminder about the pasta water. Thank you for sharing your feedback.
Delicious. I had to tweak it with gluten free Rotini pasta.
Great idea, Christine! We’re glad that you enjoyed this recipe and were able to adapt it to meet your dietary needs.