Weeknight Minestrone Soup
- 2 tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 cup Onion, chopped
- 3 Carrots, chopped
- 2 Celery Ribs, chopped
- 1/2 lb Green Beans, trimmed and cut
- 2 Zucchini, sliced
- 4 Garlic Cloves, minced
- 2 tbsp Tomato Paste
- 28 oz can Diced Tomatoes, with juice
- 2 quarts Low-sodium Chicken or Vegetable Stock
- 1 Russet Potato, peeled and cubed
- 6 cups Kale, chopped and loosely packed
- 14.5 oz can Chickpeas, drained
- 1 tbsp Dried Basil
- 1 tsp Dried Oregano
- 2 inch Parmesan Rind
- Salt and Pepper, to taste
- In a large pot, heat olive oil over medium heat. Saute onion, carrots, celery, green beans and zucchini for about 5 minutes or until they begin to soften and sweat.
- Add garlic and tomato paste and cook for 1 minute.
- Stir in diced tomatoes with juice and stock. Bring to a simmer, then add next 6 ingredients (potato through Parmesan rind). Continue to simmer for about 20 – 30 minutes, or until vegetables are tender. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Serve with grated Parmesan and a slice of bread.
Prepping ahead?: Chop the onion, carrot, celery, green beans and zucchini up to 3 days ahead. Store in a sealed container (together is fine) and refrigerate. If you’re feeling ambitious, you can also make the soup in advance.
Click Here to Print the Recipe for Weeknight Minestrone Soup.