Everyone has a classic chocolate chip cookie recipe that they hold close to their heart. Maybe it came from a grandparent, maybe it came from your favorite famous chef or maybe it came from your local grocery store.
Regardless of the origin, there’s always room to bring new life to an old favorite! Next time you find yourself in the kitchen baking good ol’ chocolate chip cookies, swap traditional oil for the nutrient dense California Olive Ranch Baking Blend Avocado Oil & Extra Virgin Olive Oil.
With a subtle hint of toasted almond it will provide a depth to this dessert that you never knew was possible.
- Cook time:
- Prep time:
- Total time:
- 1 cup California Olive Ranch Baking Blend Almond Oil & Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 ½ cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 2 large eggs, room temperature
- 1/2 cup almond flour, ideally super fine
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1 tsp. sea salt
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/4 cups dark chocolate chips
- ¾ cup sliced almonds, toasted
- Sea salt flakes, optional
- Preheat the oven to 350˚F and line several baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Add California Olive Ranch Baking Blend Almond Olive & Extra Virgin Olive Oil, granulated sugar and brown sugar to the bowl of an electric stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment and run the machine on medium speed for 3-4 minutes or until the mixture is completely combined.
- Add in the eggs, one at a time, making sure the first is well blended before adding in the second.
- Add in the almond flour, baking soda and salt and run the machine for 1 minute more or until combined.
- Take the bowl out of the mixer stand and, using a spatula, fold the all-purpose flour into the dough until the mixture is almost combined, but you still see traces of flour.
- Add in the chips and fold several times more or until the chips are evenly distributed throughout the dough.
- Using a 2 Tbsp. cookie scoop, scoop the dough, roll it into small balls and place on the prepared baking sheets leaving 2 inches between each dough ball.
- Bake one sheet at a time in the center of the oven for 11 minutes.
- Let cool on the baking sheet for 10 minutes before transferring to wire racks to cool completely. Sprinkle with sea salt flakes if desired.