The following recipe and photography was provided by Christina Musgrave of Tasting with Tina.
These Beer Battered Fried Green Beans are a delicious twist on fried food!
Dipped into a beer batter made with Great Lakes Tropicoastal IPA and fried until golden brown, each bite is crispy, a little sweet and so delicious!
Don’t skip out on the sriracha mayo sauce – it adds the perfect hint of spice to balance out the breading!
- Cook time:
- Prep time:
- Total time:
- For the Beer Battered Green Beans
- 1 lb. fresh green beans, trimmed
- 1 cup flour
- 1 tsp. Heinen’s organic garlic powder
- 1 tsp. Heinen’s organic onion powder
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. black pepper
- 1 can Great Lakes Tropicoastal IPA
- 2 cups vegetable oil
For the Sriracha Mayo
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 2 Tbsp. sriracha
- 1/2 tsp. Heinen’s organic garlic powder
- Combine the mayonnaise, sriracha and Heinen’s organic garlic powder in a bowl. Mix well and refrigerate.
- Combine the flour, Heinen’s organic garlic powder, Heinen’s organic onion powder, salt and black pepper in a large bowl. Mix well, then add 1 can of beer. Mix until a batter forms.
- Heat a large, shallow skillet with 1 cup of vegetable oil. When the oil is hot, dip 1/4 of the beans in the batter, then transfer to the oil. Cook for 3-4 minutes, until golden brown, then repeat with the remaining green beans.
- Transfer the beans to a paper towel and drain for 2-3 minutes. Serve with sriracha mayo.