The following recipe was created in collaboration with Lauren Schulte. To see more of her bites and meals, visit her Instagram @TheBiteSizePantry.
It’s a “berry” good idea to make this Berry Strata ahead of time and pop it in the oven when it’s time to dig in or, if you just can’t resist the fruity goodness, you can bake as soon as you make and waste no time indulging.
Easy enough for a weekday, yet elegant enough for entertaining, this dish is perfect for any occasion. Serve a slice by itself or top with a dollop of vanilla ice cream. You can’t go wrong!
Jam packed (pun intended) with Bonne Maman preserves, Heinen’s frozen berries, fresh-baked bread, eggs, ricotta cheese and walnuts, this dish is slightly salty with the addition of a special ingredient – Cape Cod lightly salted kettle cooked chips!
Interested in making this recipe? Order the ingredients online for Curbside Grocery Pickup or Delivery.
- Cook time:
- Prep time:
- Total time:
- 1 Tbsp. unsalted butter
- 1 loaf of Heinen’s challah bread, torn into bite-size chunks
- 2 cups Heinen’s almond milk
- 1 cup Natural Bliss almond milk vanilla coffee creamer
- 2 cups Cape Cod lightly salted kettle cooked chips, crushed
- 9 large Heinen’s cage-free eggs
- 1 tsp. orange zest
- Juice of ½ orange
- 1 1/2 cups ricotta cheese
- 1 12 oz. jar Bonne Maman preserves, any flavor
- 1/3 cup walnuts, chopped
- 24 oz. Heinen’s frozen mixed berries
- Preheat the oven to 350˚F.
- Grease a 9×13 baking dish with the butter. Cover the bottom of the dish with half of the torn challah pieces.
- In a medium-size bowl, whisk together the milk, creamer, eggs, orange juice and orange zest.
- Slowly pour half of the wet mixture over the bread bits.
- Sprinkle half of the frozen berries over the bread bits and dollop half of the ricotta over the soaked bread.
- Dollop half of the fruit preserves over the bread.
- Add half of the potato chips over top of the berries, ricotta and preserves.
- Arrange the remaining bread evenly over top. Pour the remaining wet mixture over the bread and add the rest of the frozen fruit and potato chips.
- Spoon the remaining ricotta and preserves over the top and sprinkle with walnuts. The walnuts will toast while the strata bakes
- Bake uncovered for 55 minutes until the strata has browned on top and puffed up slightly. It should not jiggle.
- Remove from the oven and set aside to cool for 10 minutes before serving.
- Garnish with fresh mint, strawberries and powdered sugar, if desired.
- Cut into squares and serve. Enjoy!
Note: For the best results, cover the strata tightly with plastic wrap and refrigerate overnight before baking.
I say, “Brunch, dessert, breakfast too! straight out of the oven OR a week+ later”
Even a week + later, for me, warmed up in the microwave, DELISH !
FLAVORFUL and BALANCED FLAVORS – light !
creamy and not gooey
firm and not stiff / hard
soft and not spongy
MAN ! What a terrific creation !
The berry flavors + the Challah flavor + the Ricotta flavor = YUM !