The following recipe was provided by Heinen’s Chief Dietitian, Melanie Jatsek RD, LD. Photography was provided by Carolyn Hodges of The Dinner Shift.
In 2017, Heinen’s Chief Registered Dietitian, Melanie Jatsek, developed this smoothie recipe to help her mom recover from a stroke.
Fresh in taste and vibrant in color, it’s made with some of the most powerful brain-building ingredients, including MCT oil. Available in Heinen’s Wellness Department, as an oil or powder, this powerful supplement has the ability to increase mental focus and clarity and assist with the repair of brain cell damage. A tablespoon of the oil or a scoop of the powder is all you need for it’s magic to start working wonders on your brain.
Whether you’re looking to clear a foggy mind or help your brain along the road to recovery from illness, your mind and body will thank you for sipping on this smoothie!
- Prep time:
- Total time:
- 12 oz. Elmhurst walnut milk
- 1 scoop plant-based protein powder
- 1 Tbsp. Garden of Life MCT Oil or 1 scoop Garden of Life MCT Powder
- 1-inch fresh turmeric
- 2 cups Heinen's frozen blueberries
- 1/4 cup walnuts
- 1/2 small avocado
- Combine all ingredients in a high-powered blender.
- Blend until smooth, transfer to a drinking glass and enjoy!