The following recipe and photography were provided by local blogger Carolyn Hodges of The Dinner Shift.
Look no further than Heinen’s for a large variety of high-quality olive oils!
Olive oil is one of the more complex items to understand in the foodie world because there are so many options on the market at a wide variety of price points. As consumers, we simply want to cut through the clutter and bring home the highest quality olive oil at the best value. So, when shopping for olive oil, it’s important to remember one thing: all olive oils are not created equal.
Heinen’s product experts worked hand-in-hand with a world-renowned olive oil expert to ensure that their selection offers the highest quality options at the most competitive prices. As a result, they adjusted their assortment to offer only extra virgin olive oils.
From mainstream oils produced domestically to single-source olive oils from the world, Heinen’s selection of extra virgin olive oils offers options for everyday cooking and baking, as well as entertaining. Take this impressive bread and oil dipping station as an example; it’s the perfect for appetizer for holiday entertaining.
Why You’ll Love This Recipe
- It’s Not Your Average Appetizer. Bread and oil is commonly enjoyed at higher end Italian restaurants, but with Heinen’s high quality selection of extra virgin olive oils and artisan breads, it’s easy to recreate this elegant appetizer at home to serve to a hungry crowd.
- It’s Easy to Customize. Swap out or adjust any of the seasoning suggestions to your taste or use your favorite combination of freshly baked breads from Heinen’s Bakery Department.
- It Makes a Great Gift. Looking for a gift for a foodie? You can’t go wrong with a good olive oil! Instead of making this appetizer board yourself, buy a few different kinds of extra virgin olive oils from Heinen’s with a baguette or two to gift to your foodie friends.
- Prep time:
- Total time:
- ¼ cup Titone extra virgin olive oil
- ¼ cup Castillo de Canena extra virgin olive oil
- ¼ cup The Olive Truck extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tsp. fresh lemon zest
- 1 ½ Tbsp. Heinen’s balsamic vinegar
- 1 tsp. Heinen’s crushed red pepper flakes
- ½ tsp. fresh rosemary, chopped
- 2 tsp. fresh parsley, chopped
- Kosher salt
- Black pepper
- Heinen's rosemary olive oil bread, sliced
- Heinen’s sourdough, sliced
- Heinen’s harvest bread, sliced
- Heinen’s French baguette, sliced
- Stir together the Titone oil with the lemon zest. Season to taste with kosher salt.
- Stir together the Castillo de Canena oil with the balsamic vinegar. Season to taste with kosher salt and black pepper.
- Stir together The Olive Truck oil with the red pepper flakes, rosemary and parsley. Season to taste with kosher salt.
- Arrange the flavored oils and bread slices on a large serving platter or wood cutting board for serving.