The following recipe and photography were provided by local blogger Carolyn Hodges of The Dinner Shift.
This stromboli is one more reason to try Heinen’s CARE Certified shaved steak!
Prepared and packaged fresh at Heinen’s state-of-the-art manufacturing facility using beef that is third party verified for product quality, animal welfare and environmental responsibility, this paper-thin shaved sirloin cooks up in minutes while maintaining tenderness and flavor.
Stuffed into soft, pillowy premade pizza dough with onions, peppers and lots of provolone, this cheesesteak-inspired stromboli is sure to be a family favorite.
This shaved steak is also perfect for stir-fries, sandwiches and for topping salads or grain bowls.
Why You’ll Love This Recipe
- Prep is quick and easy. Thanks to Heinen’s CARE Certified shaved sirloin steak and a pre-made refrigerated pizza dough, most of the heavy lifting is done for you. Just sauté the vegetables and steak, roll out the dough, assemble and bake!
- It’s perfect for dinner any night of the week. This stromboli is easy enough to make on a weeknight to feed the family. Serve it alongside a green salad for a simple, satisfying meal.
- It can be served as an appetizer for a gathering of friends. Slice and arrange on a platter and pair it with warm marinara or peppercorn ranch sauce for dipping.
- Cook time:
- Prep time:
- Total time:
- 1 package Papa Sal’s pizza dough
- Flour, for dusting
- 1 (8-12 oz.) package Heinen’s CARE Certified shaved sirloin steak
- Kosher salt and pepper
- 1 Tbsp. Heinen’s olive oil
- 1 cup onion, chopped
- 1 cup green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 Tbsp. minced garlic
- 2 tsp. Heinen’s Italian seasoning
- 8 oz. Heinen’s sliced provolone cheese
- 1 Tbsp. Heinen’s unsalted butter, melted
- 2-3 Tbsp. Heinen’s grated parmesan cheese
- Preheat the oven to 425°F.
- Allow the pizza dough to rest for 30 minutes at room temperature. On a lightly floured work surface, roll the dough into a 12×17-inch rectangle. Transfer to a parchment-lined baking sheet.
- Sear the steak in a nonstick skillet over medium-high heat until just cooked through. Season with salt and pepper and remove from the pan.
- Wipe out the pan and add the olive oil. Reduce heat to medium. Add the onion and bell pepper and sauté for 5 minutes. Stir in the garlic and Italian seasoning and cook for 1 minute more.
- Arrange the provolone slices on the bottom of the prepared dough, allowing a 1-inch border on all sides. Top with the onions and peppers, followed by the cooked shaved steak.
- Starting at the widest end, roll the dough to create the stromboli, ending with the seam side down. Fold the ends underneath to seal.
- Brush the top with the melted butter and sprinkle with parmesan cheese and more Italian seasoning. Cut 4-5 1-inch slits in the top of the stromboli to vent.
- Transfer the pan to the oven to bake for 20-23 minutes. Remove from the oven and allow to rest for 10 minutes before slicing.