Vibrant in both color and flavor, this Clean Green Smoothie is simple to make, super delicious and packed full of superfoods!
The bright green hue can be credited to one of our favorite superfoods, matcha! Rich in antioxidants, matcha is powdered green tea that has the ability to support focus, wellbeing and energy without the jittery side effects of caffeine. Naturally green in color, it’s the perfect nutritional compliment to the other superfood ingredients in the smoothie including kale, chia seeds and bananas.
With a dose of wholesome fat from fresh ground almond butter, and a boost of healthy protein from plant-based protein powder, this smoothie is the fuel you need to tackle the day ahead!
- Prep time:
- Total time:
- 6 oz. Heinen’s unsweetened vanilla almond milk
- 1 Tbsp. Heinen’s fresh ground almond butter
- ½ tsp. matcha powder
- ½ scoop Garden of Life smooth vanilla plant protein powder
- 1 Tbsp. chia seeds
- 1 handful of kale
- ½ banana, frozen
- ½ cup ice cubes
- Add all of the ingredients to a high-powered blender in the order listed above.
- Blend until smooth and enjoy.