The following recipe and photography was provided by recipe developer and food photographer, Ashley Durand of Plate & Pen.
Mint chocolate chip is my favorite ice cream. Like ever. So, when St. Patrick’s Day rolls around, you can almost always find me grabbing the beloved mint green shake from the fast food drive thru.
Today is our lucky day because I found a way to save us all a little money and have access to this seasonal frozen treat without ever leaving our homes. Allow me to introduce you to my Copycat Shamrock Shake!
Blended smooth with Heinen’s mint chocolate chip ice cream, milk and a few drops of mint syrup or extract to avoid the use of unhealthy food dyes, you can sip on these shakes all the way to St. Paddy’s Day and beyond!
- Prep time:
- Total time:
- 2 cups Heinen's mint chocolate chip ice cream
- 1/2 cup Heinen's 2% milk
- A cup of ice
- A few drops of mint syrup or extract
- Whipped cream, for topping
- Raspberries and mint leaves, for garnish
- Add the ice cream, milk, ice and mint syrup or extract to a blender or food processor.
- Blend until your desired consistency is reached.
- Divide the milkshake between two glasses and top with whipped cream, raspberries and mint leaves.