The following recipe and photography was provided by Christina Musgrave of Tasting with Tina.
Stuffed peppers are simply delicious, especially when locally grown peppers are available in Heinen’s Produce Department, but prepping the filling and assembling each individual pepper can be too time consuming for a busy weeknight.
This recipe delivers the same flavors of classic stuffed peppers in one time-saving bake. Featuring less than 10 hearty ingredients including Heinen’s pre-cooked brown rice, ground turkey, diced local bell peppers, tomato sauce, cheese and basil, all you have to do is combine the ingredients and let them bake until bubbly.
Even better, this dish is meal prep friendly, so feel free to assemble it the night before, pop it in the oven when you’re ready to eat and enjoy the leftovers (if you have any) throughout the rest of the week.
- Cook time:
- Prep time:
- Total time:
- 1 lb. ground turkey
- 1 Tbsp. Heinen’s olive oil
- A pinch of salt and black pepper
- 1 package Heinen’s pre-cooked brown rice
- 2 locally grown bell peppers, diced
- 1 cup Heinen’s crushed tomatoes
- 1 can Heinen’s tomato sauce
- Heinen’s shredded mozzarella cheese
- Fresh basil, for serving
- Preheat the oven to 400°F.
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat and add the olive oil, ground turkey, salt and black pepper. Cook the turkey until browned, about 8-10 minutes.
- Add the pre-cooked brown rice, diced bell peppers, crushed tomatoes and tomato sauce to the skillet. Stir well.
- Transfer the mixture to a greased baking dish. Cook covered for 45 minutes.
- Uncover, top with the mozzarella cheese and continue baking for an additional 15 minutes.
- Top with fresh basil and serve.