This recipe and photography were provided courtesy of Beth Opfer, MS,RDN, LDN.
Give yourself an energy boost with a tasty sweet treat!
These Energy Nut Butter Bites taste like a classic cookie, but are full of good-for-you ingredients and require no baking at all. Give them a try as a mid-day snack or a healthy dessert option. They’re also lunchbox friendly.
- Total time:
- 1 cup Heinen's fresh ground nut butter
- 1- 1 1/2 cups steel cut or rolled oats
- 2 Tbsp. 50/50 mix of chia & flax seeds
- 1 Tbsp. hemp seeds
- 2 Tbsp. Heinen's raw honey
- 1 Tbsp. unsweetened coconut flakes
- Heinen's organic ground cinnamon, to taste
- Heinen's walnuts, chopped (optional)
- Combine all ingredients in a medium-size bowl.
- Stir to combine (or get messy & use those hands!)
- Roll into bites and store in the fridge for up to one week.