This recipe and photography were provided courtesy of Beth Opfer, MS,RDN, LDN. Find the original post on her Instagram.
Give yourself an energy boost with a tasty sweet treat! These Energy Nut Butter Bites taste like a classic cookie, but are full of good-for-you ingredients and require no baking at all. Give them a try as a festive mid-day snack or a healthy dessert option for your upcoming gatherings.
- 1 cup natural nut butter (in-house PB used in this pic)
- 1- 1 1/2 cups steel cut or rolled oats
- 2 Tbsp. 50/50 mix of chia & flax seeds
- 1 Tbsp. hemp seeds
- 2 Tbsp. raw honey
- 1 Tbsp. unsweetened coconut flakes
- Cinnamon, to taste
- Chopped walnuts, optional
- Combine all ingredients in a medium-size bowl.
- Stir to combine (or get messy & use those hands!)
- Roll into bites and store in the fridge for up to one week.