This recipe and photography were provided courtesy of Beth Opfer, MS,RDN, LDN. Find the original post on her Instagram.
Give yourself an energy boost with a tasty sweet treat! These Energy Nut Butter Bites taste like a classic cookie, but are full of good-for-you ingredients and require no baking at all. Give them a try as a festive mid-day snack or a healthy dessert option for your upcoming gatherings.
- 1 cup natural nut butter (in-house PB used in this pic)
- 1-1.5 cups steel cut or rolled oats
- 2 tbsp. 50/50 mix of chia & flax seeds
- 1 tbsp. hemp seeds
- 2 tbsp. raw honey
- 1 tbsp. unsweetened coconut flakes
- cinnamon to taste
- Optional: chopped walnuts (for an extra crunch!)
- Combine all ingredients in a medium bowl.
- Stir to combine (or get messy & use those hands!)
- Roll into bites & store in the fridge for up to 1 week.