The following recipe and photography was provided by recipe developer and food photographer, Ashley Durand of Plate & Pen.
What could be better than pizza for dinner? Pizza for dessert!
Dessert pizzas are a really simple way to satisfy the sweet tooth of a crowd because they’re quick to assemble and easy to customize to the taste preferences of those eating it.
I personally like to top mine with fruit for color and healthy sweetness, so I used kiwi, blueberries, blackberries, strawberries, raspberries, grapes and mango to create a gradient rainbow of colors. The presentation is simply perfect for spring!
Served on store-bought pizza dough for added convenience with a cream cheese, lemon curd and powdered sugar “sauce,” the eyes and taste buds are bound to love this sweet treat!
- Cook time:
- Prep time:
- Total time:
- 1 package premade pizza dough, room temperature
- 16 oz. Heinen's honey pecan cream cheese
- 1/2 cup store-bought lemon curd
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- An assortment of Heinen's fresh pre-cut fruit (berries, kiwi, grapes and mango), enough to cover a 14-inch pizza
- Honey and lemon zest, for topping
- If you’re not working with Heinen’s pre-cut fruit, slice the whole fruit.
- Set the oven temperature according to the instructions on the pizza dough package. While the oven preheats, roll the dough into a 14-inch circle on a floured surface.
- Place the circular dough over a pizza peel or large tray and use a fork to poke holes all over to prohibit the dough from rising too much.
- Bake the dough according to the package instructions.
- In a food processor or high-powered blender, combine the cream cheese, lemon curd and powdered sugar.
- Once baked and lightly browned, remove the crust from the oven and let cool for 30 minutes.
- Spread the lemon curd and cream cheese mixture over the pizza in a thick layer.
- Place the cut fruit all over the pizza in any pattern you like.
- Drizzle with honey and finish with fresh lemon zest.