Hatch Chile Chili
- Total time:
- 2 LBS. Heinen's Own Lean Ground Beef
- 1 TBSP. Olive Oil
- 1 Small White Onion, chopped
- 1 Smal Red onion, chopped
- 1 C. Red Bell Pepper, chopped
- 8 Hatch Chiles, roasted, peeled, stemmed, seeded and chopped
- 1 (15 oz.) Can Tomato Sauce
- 1 Can Dark Red Kidney Beans
- 1 (28 oz.) Can Diced Tomatoes, with juice
- 2 TSP. Ground Cumin
- 1 1/2 TSP. Black Pepper
- Kosher Salt, to taste
- Brown the ground beef in a large saucepan over medium-high heat. Drain off the rendered fat; remove the meat from the pan and set it aside.
- Add the oil to the saucepan and saute the onions and bell peppers until soft and translucent, about 5 minutes.
- Add the chiles and the browned beef to the pan. Add the tomato sauce, kidney beans, diced tomatoes, cumin, black pepper and 4 cups of water to the pan.
- Bring the chili to a boil, then lower the heat and simmer until thickened, about 1 hour. Season to taste with salt before serving.
Recipe and Photo provided by Melissa’s World Variety Produce