The following recipe and photography was provided courtesy of Heinen’s Club Fx Recipe Developer and Food Photographer, Allianna Moximchalk from Allianna’s Kitchen.
When I think of fall, I think of pumpkin spice lattes (PSL). While classic PSL’s may be the sweet treat we crave as the seasons change, the many varieties made at coffeehouses are loaded with sugar, high fat milks and additives that leave you feeling bloated or tired.
Don’t worry! There is still a way to enjoy the indulgent flavors of this beloved latte thanks to this easy, naturally sweetened homemade alternative that just-so-happens to be Fx-approved.
Can I Make This With Traditional Dairy Milk?
Yes. While we highly recommend using Heinen’s coconut milk. you can use traditional dairy milk if that is the only thing you have on hand.
Can I Turn This Latte Into A Smoothie?
Absolutely! If you want to make this into a smoothie, add a cup of ice while blending. One whole banana will help create more of a smoothie-like texture, too!
Can I Use My Frother?
Of course! Using the frother will add a nice coffeehouse-inspired touch, but it is not necessary. You can still get that high-end latte taste and texture without any fancy equipment.
- Prep time:
- Total time:
- 1 cup (8 oz.) coffee-roughly 8 ounces, omit and replace with coconut or almond milk if you do not like coffee
- ½ cup Heinen's unsweetened coconut milk
- ¼ cup Heinen's canned pumpkin
- ½ tsp. pumpkin spice
- ½ tsp. vanilla
- 2 tsp. Heinen's pure organic maple syrup
- A dash of Heinen's cinnamon
- For the simple version, place all ingredients in a food processor and blend until smooth, about 20 seconds.
- For a warm latte, add the coconut milk and pumpkin to a saucepan on the stove. Whisk and bring to a boil. Add this mixture the food processor with the remaining ingredients. Blend until smooth.