The following recipe and photography was provided by Christina Musgrave of Tasting with Tina.
These easy Holiday Tea Cakes are my new favorite winter cookie, one because they’re delicious, and two because they call for only a handful of ingredients. Plus, they’re ready in about 30 minutes! If you’re looking to get your kids involved with this year’s holiday baking, this is the recipe to make!
I personally love the walnuts in this recipe, but they can be easily swapped for pecans or any other nut you prefer. If you have nut allergy concerns, pretzels are a great replacement. Happy baking!
- Cook time:
- Prep time:
- Total time:
- 24 Cookies
- 1 cup Heinen’s unsalted butter, softened
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 2 cups flour
- 2/3 cup Heinen’s powdered sugar, divided
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Cream together the softened butter and vanilla until smooth. Add the flour and powdered sugar. Stir until just combined.
- Add the walnuts and mix until combined. Roll into 1-inch balls. Place on a cookie sheet and bake for 12-15 minutes, until edges are golden brown.
- Cool for at least 10 minutes. Roll into remaining powdered sugar and serve.