The following recipe and photography was provided by recipe developer and food photographer, Ashley Durand of Plate & Pen.
Warm or cold, this apple cider-inspired adult friendly drink really hits the spot on a fall evening.
Honeycrisp seems to be the apple of the season, so I couldn’t resist making it the star of this seasonal sipper. Spiked with bourbon and infused with Heinen’s delicious bourbon barrel aged maple syrup, serve this cocktail in a glass rimmed with pumpkin pie spice and granulated sugar to achieve maximum fall flavor.
- Prep time:
- Total time:
For the Cocktail
- 2 oz. bourbon
- 5 oz. honeycrisp apple cider
- 2 Tbsp. Heinen's bourbon barrel maple syrup
- Rosemary sprig, for garnish
For the Rim
- Heinen's bourbon barrel aged maple syrup
- Heinen's pumpkin pie spice
- Granulated sugar
- Pour a small amount of maple syrup on a plate. On a second plate, mix together the pumpkin pie spice and granulated sugar. Rim the glass by dipping the rim into the syrup syrup followed by the pumpkin pie spice and sugar mixture.
- Place one large cube, or several small cubes of ice into the glass.
- Stir the syrup into the cider and pour over the ice.
- Add the bourbon and stir.
- Garnish with a sprig of rosemary.