Kickin’ it with Kenny: Holiday Sides
The following recipes were developed by Heinen’s chef and shared live on Kickin’ it with Kenny.
Hasselback Potatoes with Gorgonzola and Honey
- 2 lbs. small potatoes, such as Yukon Gold
- 1/2 bunch of fresh rosemary
- 1/2 cup Heinen’s Unsalted Butter, cold
- Heinen’s Olive Oil
- Heinen’s Honey
- 1/2 cup Gorgonzola Cheese
- Preheat the oven to 400°F.
- Make cuts across the width of each potato, 1-2mm apart, along the entire potato. Slice about 2/3 of the way into the potato.
- Pick the rosemary and place the leaves sporadically throughout the potato slices.
- Cube the butter and place on the bottom of a sheet pan, then drizzle with olive oil. Put the tray into the oven for a few minutes to let the butter melt. Carefully place the potatoes onto the sheet pan.
- Roast for 50-60 minutes, basting with butter from the sheet pan a few times during cooking. Turn the potatoes regularly until they are golden and crisp all over.
- Take the potatoes out of the oven, drizzle with honey and return to the oven for another 5 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and place the potatoes on a board or platter. Crumble the gorgonzola on top and serve while still warm.
Green Bean & Bacon Bundles
Makes 6 Servings
- 1 1/4 lbs. green beans
- 6 slices Heinen’s Bacon, cut in half (Do not use thick cut.)
- 1 tsp. garlic salt
- 1/4 cup Heinen’s Butter, melted
- 2 Tbsp. brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp. pepper
- Cooking Spray
- Preheat the oven to 400°F.
- Place the bacon on a sheet pan and bake for 7 minutes. Remove the bacon from the oven.
- Trim the ends of the green beans. Bring a pot of salted water to a boil.
- Place the green beans in the pot and cook for 2-3 minutes until tender. Drain and put the green beans in a bowl of ice water to stop cooking. Pat the green beans dry.
- In a small bowl, mix together the garlic salt, butter, brown sugar and pepper. Pour the butter mixture over the green beans and toss to coat.
- Wrap 8-10 beans with a piece of bacon and secure with a toothpick. Place the bundles on a sheet pan coated with cooking spray.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes or until bacon is crispy.
Creamed Swiss Chard & Sweet Potato Bakes
- 2 lbs. Swiss Chard, cleaned and chopped
- 16 oz. Heinen’s Recipe Ready Sweet Potatoes
- 8 oz. Heinen’s Cream Cheese
- 2 Tbsp. Heinen’s Butter
- 1 Tbsp. minced garlic
- 3/4 cup Heinen’s Half & Half
- 3/4 cup Heinen’s Parmigiano-Reggiano, grated
- Preheat the oven to 400°F and coat eight 6 oz. ramekins with cooking spray. Place the ramekins onto a rimmed baking sheet.
- Remove the stems from the Swiss chard and slice into thin ribbons. Cut the crema cheese into chunks.
- In a large skillet, melt the butter on medium-high. Add the sweet potatoes and cook for about 3 minutes. Add the Swiss chard in batches, stirring until each batch is wilted. Cook for 5 minutes, or until the chard is cooked. Season with salt and pepper.
- Stir in the garlic and cook for 30 seconds.
- Reduce heat to medium and stir in the cream cheese until melted and combined.
- Transfer mixture to prepared ramekins. Divide the half and half between ramekins and top each with cheese.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until bubbly.
Notes: To prepare in advance, follow the recipe to Step 2 and refrigerate for up to 3 hours. Continue with Step 3 and bake just before serving.
Interested in making these recipes? Order the ingredients online for Curbside Grocery Pickup or Delivery.