The following recipe and photography were provided by our partner, Megan Weimer of Dollop of Dough.
Your day is about to get sweeter with these fruity Lemon Raspberry Quinoa Bars that are gluten free, super nutritious and easy to take on-the-go.
When it comes to breakfast and snacks, I always seem to want something sweet, but traditional granola bars and cereal are so often loaded with unwanted added sugar, and fruit and yogurt bowls can get old quick!
To keep myself from reaching for something that I know is not going to satisfy the needs of my body or my cravings, I created these better-for-you Lemon Raspberry Quinoa Bars!
Loaded with bright spring raspberries and zesty lemon juice, these baked bars have a flavor that will wake you up in the morning or give you a mid-day boost! They’re also loaded with fiber and healthy fats from almond butter, quinoa and oats, which will keep you feeling fuller longer.
I recommend baking a batch to have on-hand for all of your sweet cravings throughout the week. Enjoy!
- Cook time:
- Prep time:
- Total time:
- 16 Bars
- 1 cup oat flour
- ⅔ cup Heinen’s cooked quinoa
- ½ cup Heinen’s old fashioned oats
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- ½ cup Heinen’s pure organic maple syrup
- 2 Heinen's cage free eggs
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- ¼ cup Heinen’s fresh ground almond butter
- 1 Tbsp. lemon juice
- 2 tsp. lemon zest
- 1 cup fresh raspberries
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Grease or line a square baking pan with parchment paper.
- In a medium-size mixing bowl, whisk together the oat flour, quinoa, oats and baking soda. Set aside.
- In a separate large mixing bowl, whisk together the maple syrup, eggs, vanilla extract, almond butter, lemon juice and lemon zest until well combined.
- Pour the dry ingredients into the bowl of wet ingredients. Fold gently with a rubber spatula until the batter is just combined with no dry streaks of flour remaining.
- Gently fold in the raspberries.
- Pour the batter into the prepared square baking pan. Bake at 350°F for 30-35 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out with just a few moist crumbs.
- Allow the bars to cool in the pan for 5-10 minutes before transferring to a wire cooling rack. Slice and enjoy.