The following recipe and photography were provided courtesy of Julia of A Cedar Spoon.
This Mediterranean-inspired pizza is a quick and easy vegetarian meal made on your favorite flatbread or naan.
The flavors and textures of hummus, olives, artichokes, feta cheese, tomatoes, green onions, parsley and a drizzle of olive oil create a colorful, flavor-packed appetizer or main dish.
- Cook time:
- Prep time:
- Total time:
- 2 large flatbread or naan
- 1 10 oz. package Esti roasted red pepper hummus
- 1/2 cup kalamata and green olives, quartered
- 6 oz. artichokes in oil, drained and chopped
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 4 oz. feta cheese
- 1/2 cup micro greens or arugula
- 1/4 cup green onions, chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- Drizzle of extra virgin olive oil or Heinen's balsamic glaze
- Spread the hummus in an even layer on each flatbread or naan.
- Top each flatbread with the olives, artichokes, tomatoes, feta, microgreens, green onions and parsley.
- Garnish with fresh parsley and a drizzle of olive oil or balsamic glaze.
- Serve as is or warm in the oven for 5-6 minutes at 350˚F until the flatbread is crispy.
Note: Get creative and add other Mediterranean ingredients like banana peppers, pepperoncinis, chickpeas. white beans, spinach or arugula.