The following post was made in collaboration with Abby Thome of The Thome Home and Great Lakes Growers. Product was provided by Great Lakes Growers and recipe development and photography were provided courtesy of Abby Thome.
This grain bowl featuring the delicious Mediterranean Mix from Great Lakes Growers will quickly become a staple in your household. Served as a main course or a side dish, it is packed with texture and flavor that sure to satisfy!
Located in Burton, Ohio, just a few miles away from Heinen’s stores, Great Lakes Growers is known for an incredible selection of lettuces and herbs grown in their state-of-the-art hydroponic greenhouse. The quality, longevity and taste of their products is simply unmatched. If you have not brought their produce into your home yet, I highly recommend adding it to your next grocery list!
Back to this grain bowl! I used Great Lakes Growers’ Mediterranean Mix and hearty farro to create an excellent base for this fall-inspired salad full of Mediterranean flavors you know and love!
The best thing about this salad is that you can make it in advance! Simply store it in an air tight container in the refrigerator and add the dressing when you are ready to eat! Your family will gobble this up without thinking twice.
- Total time:
- 2 0.5 oz. Containers Great Lakes Growers Mediterranean Mix
- 2 cups farro, cooked according to package instructions
- 2 cucumber, seeded and diced
- 1 cup green and kalamata olives, chopped
- 1/2 cup roasted red peppers, chopped
- 1 can chickpeas, drained
- 1 cup parsley, finely chopped
- 3/4 cup feta cheese, crumbled
- Pinch of black pepper
- Heinen’s Balsamic Vinaigrette
- Cook the farro according to the package instructions. Drain and rinse with cold water.
- Add the Great Lakes Growers Mediterranean Mix to a large serving bowl.
- In vertical lines, arrange the farro, cucumber, olives, roasted red pepper and chickpeas on top of the lettuce.
- Sprinkle a bit of black pepper over the toppings.
- Finish with parsley and feta cheese.
- If serving immediately, pour the desired amount of dressing onto the salad and toss to coat.
- If serving the next day, cover with foil, or a lid, and store in fridge until ready to dress with the vinaigrette.