The following recipe and photography was provided by Christina Musgrave of Tasting with Tina.
You’ll feel like you’re on the coast of Italy with this Mediterranean Pasta Salad!
With artichokes, red peppers, tomatoes and avocado, this pasta salad is so fresh. I love the lemon vinaigrette dressing! It’s tangy and full of flavor.
I recommend Heinen’s artisan organic cavatappi pasta for this recipe because the shape is perfectly sized with the other ingredients. It’s also imported from Italy, making this dish even more Mediterranean.
Mediterranean Pasta Salad
- Cook time:
- Prep time:
- Total time:
- 1 lb. Heinen’s artisan organic cavatappi pasta
- 2 tomatoes, diced
- 1 red pepper, sliced
- 2 ripe avocados, diced
- 1 container Heinen’s marinated quartered artichoke hearts, drained
- 1 cup Heinen's shaved parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp. Italian seasoning
- 1 Tbsp. lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp. white balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. black pepper
- Fresh basil, for serving
- Cook the pasta according to the package directions. Drain and rinse with cold water. Set aside.
- Combine the extra virgin olive oil, Italian seasoning, lemon juice, white balsamic vinegar, salt and black pepper in a small bowl. Whisk well.
- Combine the cooked pasta, tomatoes, red pepper, avocado, artichoke, parmesan cheese and dressing. Toss well until the pasta is evenly coated.
- Top with fresh basil and serve.